Wednesday, May 22, 2013

I actually deleted my Tumblr.

Wow.
I can't believe it.
I finally deleted that black hole which consumed way too much of my time and life.
It was great at first , seriously.
It gave me a sense of place , of community .
I learned so much from that website as well.
I learned about feminism and lgbt rights and gender rolls  and the wrongs that were occurring all over the world , and the different sexualities and all sorts of stuff I've never thought about before.
I learned about body positivity , and slut shaming and religion.
I've learned so much and opened my eyes to so much and that's so awesome.

However, when activism and teaching turns into ugly attacks and caps over who is wrong and who is right, and when a single comment turns into a witch  hunt, it's no longer okay.

The sjbs that preach peace and equality to everyone are the same ones that turn around and personally attack a person for an opinion.
It's insane.

And i've tried to hard to think and be and do all the things I can to make sure I'm not offending anyone but there is a line where youre no longer saying what you believe in for the sake of not being called ()ist or ()phobic or anything else.

There is a line between wanting people to be aware of how theyre being offensive , and being offensive yourself.

I won't be a part of it anymore.

That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment