Sunday, May 26, 2013

Good Days.


Today is a good day.
That sounds like some third grade English required journal entry doesnt it?
So simple, just 5 words, 6 syllables , something most people think on a regular basis.

However , it's not something I can honestly say on anywhere near close to a regular basis.

Most days are at best "meh."
I quite frequently have days that are seriously terrible, or days that I can't cope with.
I have days where I can barely get out of bed, days that are full of panic attacks.
Days with dark thoughts.

Because I have such an abundance of less than great days, I can really notice when a day is good.

The contrast is obvious , visible, non-negotiable.
  On good days I do things, I create , I write , I paint , I smile.
I'm content , hopeful, optimistic, even happy sometimes.

I am not one of those people that are lucky enough to take good days for granted.
A good day for me is a breath that I've been holding for a year.
A splash of cold water in an Arizona summer.
It's refreshing , healing even.

I literally live for these days.
The good days are what keep me going.
Thankfully , today is one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment